Friday, April 27, 2012

Hello, My Name is Gretchen and I'm a Hunger Games Addict

So I mentioned in my last post that I finally caved and started The Hunger Games on my trip to California. Now anyone who knows me, knows that I have severe addictions to books and tv shows meant for teenagers (enter Pretty Little Liars), so I'm not sure what convinced me that I could casually get through this series. Within days of being home I was having withdrawal, so needless to say I bought Catching Fire and finished it on my way to Minneapolis on Sunday. I then of course quickly on Monday morning ran to the Gustavus bookstore to get Mocking Jay. Both were finished before my 2.5 day trip ended!

So in case you hadn't thought I was a book nerd after 2 books in 2 days...Do you ever get so into a book that when it is over you actually get sad? As much as I loved them, I was really sad that I had nothing left to read and that I wouldn't get to follow the characters anymore! I'm so sad its over that I'm actually considering re-reading them already. There are worse habits than books I suppose, so I won't give myself too hard to a time!



My trip to Minnesota was a great one! I was lucky enough to be handing out bids and getting rolling on our brand new colony at Gustavus! The women were great and I can't wait to go back in the Fall. My camera died, but I love this little campus. Here is my favorite view as you drive up the hill towards campus.


Now time for me to get moving, literally! Movers come at Noon tomorrow, but I need to spend my day packing and taking some car loads over to the new place! I'm both dreading it and super excited at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment