Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Local Saturday

It has been a busy week with Will and I moving. Lots of work still to do, but for the most part we are in the new place and happy as can be! Had a little water snafu after I decided I wanted to take a bath (they are just so relaxing!) but thankfully the landlords were over first thing the next morning to get it fixed.

Yesterday I had a lot of things I wanted to get done, but first on our list was the Broadripple Farmers Market. It is one of our favorite things to do here in Indy and yesterday was its first day open for the season! It isn't a huge market, but I always like the variety! One of the first things we always do is go get Maxwell some treats and water and then get fresh crepes for breakfast from 3 Days in Paris! Will loves the red eggs and bacon which has eggs, spinach, red pepper and cheese. I got a sweet one with cinnamon, sugar and lemon zest, though I usually go for the banana/nutella.


We also came home with spinach, delicious fresh strawberries, a few pretzel rolls and ham and cheese twists from a german coffee shop/bakery, dog treats, an amazing block of fresh bacon flavored cheese from Ludwig Farmstead Creamery (literally heaven in cheese format), a dozen eggs, and then I bought a custom window herb planter with oregano, basil, rosemary, chives, and tarragon. I get to pick it up next week!

That was enough to make my day great alone, but then after we ran some errands and to the grocery store, I came home to make one of my favorite soups and some breakfast burritos for us to freeze, and then with one of Will's friends in town, we took a walk to BRICS a local ice cream place where we could people watch on the Monon Trail! Will and I then decided to do a date night at Arni's, another of our favorite places. While I kept nice and busy, it was actual a fantastic day with lots of outside time and lots of local Indy flavor! I adore my city and my new neighborhood!

Unfortunately today I now need to get back to the organizing and unpacking that I avoided yesterday.Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment