Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kentucky Beauty

So I was blessed to spend a long last weekend at the cutest little lake cottage in Taylorsville, KY. The manfriend and I discovered it on a Living Social deal while we were contemplating vacation and it was a perfect fit for what we were looking for. The scenery was perfect in late October and I got to spend a few days relaxing. Here is the top 5 best of the weekend!

5. I finally watched The Godfather. We had some rain on our trip so we watched it on his computer. Oddly enough I had a hard time watching the movie, the suspense was killing me, I just knew more people were going to keep dying. But glad I can say I've seen it.

4. Polishing off some good books. I read The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks and finally finished Water for Elephants. I'm a reading machine and could have holed up all weekend with a book and a blankie that we like to call Big Red :)

3. We cooked some great meals together. I made us a homemade barbeque chicken pizza pictured below and we had some great pork loin and potatoes another night. So nice to have the time and energy to cook a delicious meal together.
2. The Makers Mark Tour! We took one of our days and ventured out and our first stop was Makers Mark. It helped that the day was gorgeous, but the grounds were beautiful, the tour informative, and we dipped our own bottles of bourbon. Just a great day spent with the one I love!

1. The view from our hot tub! We did spend a lot of time in this hot tub as it was perfect crisp and fall outside with a lovely view!
Manfriend was having some back issues or we would have done some hiking too. If anyone is looking for a super relaxing long weekend. I highly recommend Edgewater Resort !

No comments:

Post a Comment