Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Temptations

Unfortunately for me, baking is probably one of my favorite hobbies. I'm good at it, it relaxes me, and I like keeping my hands busy. The unfortunately part comes when I'm trying to lose weight during the holiday season. Right now I'm resisting, and have plans for it to all go to work with me on Monday, but we'll see if I can hold out.
I am however in the middle of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge though and am putting down my workouts for the week!

Saturday: 2 miles and then 15 minutes rowing machine (3)
Monday: At home leg weight workout. Lots of squats and leg lifts and some abs (1)
Wednesday: 1 hour of spinning during my lunch hour (6)
Thursday: 5 miles at the Drumstick Dash here in Indy with my mom (5)
I'd have liked to have more points this week, but my legs were hurting this week, so I took friday as a rest day. Today starts a new week though! Hoping to beat my points from last week though I've got a challenging week as I leave for St. Louis for a conference on Wednesday-Sunday. Favorite event of the year, but it is really early mornings and really late nights!

Links to what I baked yesterday...all of it delicious, please drool!
Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars (a family favorite!)
Cinnamon Bun Popcorn 
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bugles (amazing!! Wish I had thought of it first! Mom and just piped plain PB though, no extra sugar)
Salted Caramel Butter Bars 

All of it delicious. Trying to decide still what to make for a cookie exchange I have coming up. Not sure if any of these will make the cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment