Monday, November 21, 2011

Working on my Holiday Fitness!

I struggle with workout motivation like nobody's business. Every night I set the alarm. In the morning it goes off and I think to myself " oh no way, I can't do it" I then instead tell myself I'll workout after work. I spend all day planning this until it gets to be 5:30 and I want nothing more than my sweatpants and some OnDemand tv. Sound familiar?

I'm really at an unhappy place with my body lately and so started to the internet for some motivation and found two blogs I need to brag on.

1. So as I mentioned, getting my butt to the gym is an eternal issue for me. I feel good when I do it, but getting there is a challenge. Thanks to a twice a week spinning date with some ex-coworkers I've made some progress, but this blog has really helped. For some reason just reading her posts gets me motivated to get moving! I've also signed up for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge as a motivation keep my bootie going during the holidays. Running a 4.5 mile race on Thanksgiving with my mom with some motivation from HBBC! http://www.runtothefinish.com/

2. Just as I struggle with working out, I have the same nutritional issues. I ate whatever I wanted growing up thanks to years of dancing and have realized the health implications that it can cause. 100 Days of Real Food has really pushed me to rethink the way I eat in a no-nonsense way. I'm starting with small changes, and have gone from about 48 oz of diet soda a day to now only about 8 a day. My plan is to officially be weaned off next week! I've also started to revamp some of my recipes to include much less processed foods. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ 

I'm most definitely a work in progress, but stay tuned as I provide more updates for this side of my journey to 30 and journey to health!My first HBBC update will be posted on Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment